Today marks the one week that Charleigh has been sleeping in her own crib, upstairs in her own room. Last week I was at the end of my rope. It seemed like we were up all night with Charleigh in our bed and she wouldn't sleep longer than 30 min to an hour in her crib by herself. So, I got my game face on and decided to give sleep training a try. I honestly thought about, talked with my girlfriend about it and decided that night we would start. She couldnt of surprised me more. Like expected, she woke up at her normal time 10:00. I rocked her for just a minute and put her back to bed. Poor chuck, she had never had anything like this happen. She probably wondered what the heck was going on. We let her scream and cry for 15 min, then I went upstairs and rocked her for one min to calm her down, then it was back in her bed. This time she was more mad, but it didn't last long at all. No more than 15 minutes later she laid down and went to sleep...she didn't wake up again until 4:30 am. The next couple nights were even better, she slept all night! For 12 hours!! I was so excited and proud of my baby girl. So far she has done really great, a few morning she has woken up early but I'll take that over the old sleep habits any day. I do miss having her so close though, I might have to start sleeping upstairs so I can go see her thru the night a little easier.
Today was possibly the nice day of weather we will have for awhile. We have had a good run of plus 70'degree days. I hate to say this but I'm ready for the crisp fall air. I wouldn't mind a "little" rain either. The past few nights the girls and I spent some time playing outside. Tuesday when Scott came home we all hung around outside walked around the back side of the house and even bummed around in the pool house. The girls were sitting in the play house together... It was too cute seeing them in there together. Someday soon they will playing and running around together. Last night before Scott and I went out to get our new dishwasher we jumped on the trampoline and played on the putting green. Like usual Charleigh was trying to eat leaves any chance she could get. Scott let P sit on his lap and "drive" the truck around the driveway when he got home. The look on her face was priceless. She was shouting "mom, mom, look at me", she was so proud. Little does she know how much more proud I am of her. It's those little moments that take your breath away and get you thinking about how blessed you are to have such amazing kids. Today we went outside and did all our normal stuff like jump on the trampoline, skip rocks, swing in the hammock, and play on the putting green but we also did something new...I took the girls for a ride in the wagon. We have done thus once or twice before but nothing like we did tonight. I was running around and around the Driveway pulling P and C behind me in the wagon. Presleigh was yelling " wee, go faster mom, keep running fast".. And Charleigh was smiling and enjoying the ride :) I had a blast doing that with them, and I got some exercise in too. The rest of the night we had dinner and played in the living room. Then we got the girls in bed at a decent time. Tomorrow the girls and I are heading to Enumclaw to visit my mom, dad, sister and grandparents. I have only been up a few times in the past year so I'm looking forward to going back home :)
Charleigh and Mama on the hammock :)
Sisterly Love~
Kisses

Wagon Rides!






No comments:
Post a Comment