Yesterday I got to be the mom to help out Presleighs prechool class. I had done it one other time but that was when they had a field trip. To say the least I was eager to know what she did all day at school and what the teacher was teaching the class! I love that the first 30 minutes of class is dedicated to playing. Presleighs favorite thing to do is paint. So right when we walked in the door she put on the paint shirt. She was saying "mom Im a backwards kid", she was saying that because they wear shirts backwards to keep from getting paint all over their clothes! I painted a picture with her and I even had another kid really interested in my painting. After paint we played all sorts of things, we played kitchen, dress up, we built the pyramid and ended with cleaning up!! I was very relieved to see that Presleigh is doing very well with her peers. It is hard for me to remember that she is almost a year younger than most the kids in her class. Some things the other kids can grasp (sharing, listening ) will come with age. Although she is the youngest you would never know. She is counting to 20 like the rest of them, can sing all the silly songs, she even knows how to raise her hand to give the answer to a question. I was so proud of her and I can tell she really enjoys being at school. My special moment came at recess. P always wants me to chase her or as she calls it "get me"...So, I started chasing her around and then she wanted to chase me. Then another kid joined in and decided he was going to get me too... and then another, then a few more and soon enough I had the whole class chasing me around the playground!! I got my exercise for the day that's for sure. I think Presleigh had a lot of fun with me playing at her school, but I also think she was thinking "why is my mom giving these other kids attention?". That's what I would be thinking too. Well I am happy I finally got to see what she does at Preschool and I think she enjoyed having mom at school to see all the things she does all by herself. I have a big girl on my hands!!

Getting ready to head to Preschool!
Presleighs first ever school Picture! Look at her, she is just beautiful!
No comments:
Post a Comment