Saturday, September 29, 2012

Pizza and a Play date

Tuesday night the girls and I had so much fun with our sweet friends that came over to play. My other girlfriends husband was also out of town so we decided to get together for dinner. The plan was to have pizza for dinner and then settle down to watch a movie. We got half of it right... All the kids were pretty wound up when they got to the house, so dinner time was pretty quick. It wasn't long before they wanted to go outside to play. Barefoot and all the 4 big kids ran outside to jump on the trampoline!! Even the mamas were jumping! It was the perfect photo op. I ran and grabbed my tripod so we could all be in the picture together. After all the jumping the kids actually sat still long enough for us to get a few group shots of them. I honestly am amazed we got such great pics of them, those pictures are something us mamas will treasure forever! 

 
 
 


It was kind of a late night after all of our friends took off so the girls and I got straight to bedtime business. When Scott is out of town it is a little harder trying to get the two girls ready for bed. I figured out its easiest to putnCharleigh down to bed first. Then Presleigh and I can have some special time just her and I before she goes to sleep. I let her pick out 3 short books to read. Then we sang our nightly songs. 1. Mommys song 2. Twinkle twinkle 3. The itsy bitty spider 4. Rock a by baby 5. The ABC's. Every now and then I'll throw in a couple extra too.. Like baby ballots and teddy bear teddy bear. While we sing Presleigh now insists I walk my fingers up her arms and legs, if I forget to do it she always says "mom I want you to do that" and shows me how. When she is finally in bed she will get all sorts of kisses and loves. We do butterfly kisses, Eskimo kisses, goldfish kisses, and two that I made up are giraffe kisses where we nuzzle necks and hippopotomus kisses where we rub chins. She just thinks that is hilarious!! She asks every night mom, why do hippopotomus' do that?" I tell her because they have such big chins!!!! I love our night time routine, tucking my girl in bed is one of my favorite things to do :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment